We are communicators, creatives, connectors and coaches, helping senior executives realize their vision.
We named our agency after philosopher Marshall McLuhan’s theory that human history unfurled in ten thunderous moments. The eleventh thunder is happening right now online, and to master it you need ingenuity and an integrated approach to communications.
With so many media channels and so much noise, standing out takes both a winning strategy and no-nonsense execution. We pride ourselves on four pillars crucial for successful communications.
Do you have your messaging down? How about your high-level positioning? Do you and your team know what to say to differentiate yourselves and make a positive impact with the media, investors, influencers, your own employees and—most importantly—your customers? We will:
- Capture your organization’s unique value proposition
- Deliver a concise, clear, and compelling messaging playbook
- Help you generate the ideal name for your new company, product, or service
- Oversee the design, look, and feel of everything you share with the world
We’re blessed with so many media and so many ways to tell amazing stories. Writing quickly and convincingly across a variety of platforms, and helping you engage with your audience by leveraging existing outlets or creating new ones of your own, we will:
- Keep your corporate blog and social media channels stacked with timely, engaging, and well-written content
- Identify contributor opportunities with leading mainstream and specialty publications and write recurring contributions that perfectly capture your voice
- Initiate and oversee partnerships with media organizations for specific and ongoing projects
- Conceive, craft, and pitch op-eds to major national publications
- Design and execute high-impact content projects, from e-books to sponsored online magazines to compelling video
Training and Crisis
Sometimes, bad things happen to good companies. To stop a ripple from turning into a storm, and to protect your brand, we will:
- Compose a comprehensive crisis management strategy, including tactics to address media, government, employees, consumers, customers, and other relevant parties
- Develop a comprehensive FAQ that addresses the full range of questions pertaining to your issues, as well as finely tuned messages for each question
- Orchestrate your internal communications outreach and social media strategy
- Author all announcements, press releases, posts, and official crisis communications
- Conceive and execute proactive media outreach to mitigate the damage and regain crucial perspective
- Train your top-level executives to communicate effectively with relevant parties, including the media, investors, regulators, etc.
Marco has spearheaded marketing communications and public affairs campaigns for an array of Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare organizations, and notable venture- and angel-backed startups, and has served as a senior advisor to foreign governments, democratic movements, and NGOs. Previously a managing director at global PR giant Burson-Marsteller, he sees his role as a creative catalyst for breakthrough communications. An in-demand speaker and facilitator, he has written opinion pieces for a number of national and international publications, including Entrepreneur, Haaretz, the NY Daily News, Pando Daily, and WeWork’s Creator.
He holds a BA from UCLA and an MA from Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs, and has served as an adjunct professor teaching Innovations in Marketing at NYU and entrepreneurship and PR at Fordham University. He splits his time with his wife and three teenagers between the upper west side of Manhattan and Great Barrington, Massachusetts.
Liel holds a Ph.D. in Communications from Columbia University and has taught video games and digital technology at New York University and elsewhere. He has curated and moderated events for clients and friends in a host of prominent venues, from New York’s 92nd Street Y to South by Southwest, and heads Thunder11 content creation efforts.
He is the author or co-author of a number of critically acclaimed books, a senior writer for Tablet Magazine, and the co-host of Tablet’s popular podcast, Unorthodox, recently named by The Guardian as one of the 50 best podcasts of the year. He is also a frequent contributor to several national publications, including The Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, and others.
A believer in academic-corporate partnerships and data-driven strategy, Liel also heads Washington Square Research, Thunder11’s sister company, and has overseen major research projects for clients as diverse as Sprint and Pentagram. He lives in New York with his wife and children.
Brian is an experienced marketer and general manager having held leadership positions at prominent sports, music, and consumer packaged goods companies as well entrepreneurial experience in the tech space.
Brian was SVP, Marketing of the NY Knicks at Madison Square Garden where he oversaw the Knicks’ brand, advertising and overall marketing strategy. At XM Satellite Radio, he was VP, content marketing. Before XM, Brian ran the iconic Wheaties brand at General Mills.
He received his BA from Harvard University and his MBA from Stanford University.
Alyssa MeyerAccount Executive
As account executive, Alyssa is responsible for content creation, client relations and media relations for a number of Thunder11’s clients.
Prior to joining Thunder11, she worked on the communications team at Marshfield Clinic Health System, one of the largest healthcare systems in Wisconsin, and as a reporter for the ABC affiliate TV station in Wausau, WI.
She received her BA in Broadcast Journalism from Quinnipiac University.